2018 FRNY Gay Games Scholarship Application
We’re excited to hear you’re interested in joining Front Runners New York at the 2018 Gay Games in Paris, France. Any member of Front Runners New York who is registered or is planning to register for the 2018 Gay Games and competing in a running event* is eligible for a scholarship to support their participation. (*Track & Field, 5k & 10k, Marathon/Half Marathon, & Triathlon)
Please review the Scholarship Guidelines and fill out your contact information and answer the questions below. Your information and answers will be kept confidential. If you have any questions, you may email the Scholarship Committee at email@example.com.
2018 Gay Games Scholarship Guidelines
We are pleased to announce the club's guidelines for the awarding of Gay Games-specific scholarships for the 2018 Gay Games in Paris, France. FRNY wants members to participate in club-supported activities regardless of financial ability. FRNY Gay Games scholarships are available to anyone who has been a member for at least 3 months as of the date of application and can provide a statement of need and interest. Paris 2018 Gay Games scholarships are independent of general club scholarships, and so a Gay Games scholarship will not impact your eligibility or limits for general FRNY scholarships. Again, if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because of the limited funds reserved for the 2018 Gay Games, Gay Games scholarships will be handled using a seperate system than the one for general FRNY scholarships. If you would like to make a donation to support the Gay Games Scholarship fund, you may do so here. For 2018 Gay Games scholarships, members will apply using the process below:
- Members will submit a scholarship application to the Scholarship Committee via the form below on or before April 26, 2018. Members can apply for up to $500 in direct Gay Games scholarship funds. The scholarship amount requested is NOT a guarantee of scholarship and members are encouraged to be detailed in their requests by including estimates of their total event registration, travel, accommodation, and other expenses.
- After the application window will close on April 26th, each application will be assigned a number. A copy of the applications with the names removed and identifiable by the corresponding numbers will be submitted to an independent panel of board members by April 29th.
- The independent panel will assess the requests as they relate to the total scholarship funds available and make recommendations as to the breakdown of scholarships to be awarded. These recommendations will be due on May 9th. [As stated above: This assessment will occur blind meaning that the panel will not see names related to the applications.]
- Based on those recommendations, the Scholarship Committee will then award scholarships as per standard procedure (receipt submission and payment) with scholarship award notices going out no later than May 16th.
- Members will have until July 1 to submit receipts and receive reimbursement, though they are encouraged to submit earlier as scholarship processing can take one to two weeks.
- If any scholarship funds go unrequested or unclaimed, those funds will be made available to other eligible members at the discretion of the Scholarship and Gay Games Committees.
If you have questions about a particular scholarship, please email the Scholarship Committee. For questions related directly to the Gay Games and FRNY’s participation, please email the Gay Games committee.